Tuesday, May 3, 2011

For a friend: Insurance

Recently, insurance has become a big topic for the election. Do I believe in insurance? Of course, I do. Let me ask all of you (if you are reading this blog) whether you bring an umbrella with you to work every day. I think some or most of you do. Why? Does it mean that you know it is going to rain soon? Of course not. Nobody has the crystal ball to know what will happen the next hour or the next day. What we don't know, we should fear. So, we bring an umbrella because we can use it when it rains. We do not want to be drenched in the rain. It is that simple. This is similar to what insurance is all about. This is risk management.

Health is the most important thing in your life. Sadly, things do happen. You never know what is going to happen to your health the next moment. So, when you are in the pink of health, try to remember to get a medical insurance. Unless you are very rich, you will need all the help that you can get when you are really sick. Insurance companies are not charities and they need to make a profit to survive. So, when your health deteroriates and you need help most, you can never get coverage from any of them. This is a fact of life. With the escalating cost of health care today, you will be in big financial problem if something serious happens to your health.

I am not an insurance agent, so I do not know what you should buy and how much you should be covered. But, I have seen enough to know that this is important. You may also read my earlier blogs regarding this topic in your leisure.

To my friend, I really hope that you get well soon. And, don't worry too much about work because we will be there to help. This is the little bit that we can do.

Best wishes.

No comments:

Post a Comment